Tuesday 11 October 2016

Behind Closed Doors by B. A. Paris






This book was amazing! I cannot believe that this was a debut novel for author B. A. Paris.

Grace has been very unlucky in love. As soon as her boyfriends meet her sister Millie they leave. Millie is the sweetest, most loving sister anyone could have, and Grace is determined that no-one will come between them. When Grace meets Jack she cannot believe how lucky she is. Jack is incredibly handsome, with beautiful manners, but most importantly Jack is really fond of Millie, and is not put off by the fact that Millie has special needs. When Jack asks Grace to marry him she doesn't hesitate. Jack is perfect. Or is he? Is he not just too good to be true?

I love psychological thrillers, and i've read a lot of them, and I love how they mess with your head! But I have never read one before that terrified me like this one did. This was a truly scary and frightening book about domestic violence, and how a person can be completely taken in by someone only to discover when it is too late, just what they really are.

It is difficult to believe that this is B. A. Paris's debut novel. The writing is just flawless and the plot gripping. Her characters are believable and very real, and the hairs were standing on the back of my neck for most of the book! I can't wait to read B. A. Paris's second novel, because if it is anything like Behind Closed Doors I know it will blow me away.

No comments:

Post a Comment