Wednesday 2 November 2016

Audio Book Review: A Campy Christmas by Karen Musser Nortman


After an unexpected change of plan, Frannie and Larry Shoemaker join the Ferraros on a camping trip for the Christmas holiday. Unfortunately they all get caught up in a snowstorm and find themselves stranded, with no electricity and no phone coverage. How are they going to get out of this difficult situation? And just who made those footprints in the snow?

This was a charming novella and I listened to the audio edition. I believe it is also available in print form and e-book. It is #6 in the Frannie Shoemaker Campground Mysteries Series, and the first one I have read.

This is a wonderful way to while away an afternoon. What could be better than curled up by the fire with a cup of coffee, and listen to the Shoemakers and Ferraros struggle through a snowstorm! I really enjoyed myself, and will certainly check out the rest of the series. I was a little disappointed that there was no real mystery here, and certainly no body count, and I believe it was tamer than the other books in the series. Perhaps because this was a Christmas story it was a tad mild in the mystery stakes.

This audio version was narrated by Michelle Babb, and she did an excellent job of bringing the book alive for me.

I was voluntarily provided this free review copy audiobook by the author, narrator, or publisher.

No comments:

Post a Comment