Monday 10 October 2016

Maniac by Angus MacVicar


Alec returns to his home village of Kilcolum, in Scotland, to recover from a mental breakdown. However, almost immediately Alec comes under suspicion for the evil murder of a little girl in the village. Everything seems to point to Alec being the murderer, and even Alec is uncertain as to his guilt or innocence. Turning to his old girlfriend Jenny for comfort, he soon finds things are not the same in Kilcolum as the day he left, for one thing Jenny is now wearing a diamond ring on her engagement finger.
This was an interesting murder mystery. I really enjoyed it, even though I had guessed who the murderer was early on, there was plenty of suspense and interesting characters to keep me reading. I would like to read more by this author who wrote suspense well, and who died in 2001.

I received this galley via NetGalley.

No comments:

Post a Comment